Owning a dog can be one of the most rewarding experiences for a family. Dogs provide us with companionship, love, and laughter. However, they also require a lot of care and training. One important element of responsible dog ownership is teaching your pet to stay within the boundaries of your property. A hidden fence is an effective and humane way to do this. With proper training, your dog will learn to stay within the boundaries of your property, and you can rest assured that they’ll stay safe and won’t wander off.
What is a hidden fence?
A hidden fence is a type of pet containment system that uses radio waves to create an invisible boundary around your property. The system includes a transmitter that emits a radio signal and a receiver collar that your pet wears. When your pet approaches the boundary, the receiver collar will emit a warning tone. If your pet continues past the boundary, the transmitter will deliver a static correction. The strength of the correction can be adjusted to suit your pet’s temperament, and most pets quickly learn to stay within the boundaries of the property. Hidden pet fences are an effective way to keep your pet safe and can provide you with peace of mind knowing that your pet is not wandering off into danger. Also, our dog collar battery lasts up to Two Years!
Outdoor vs. Indoor Hidden Fences
There are two main types of hidden fences for dogs: outdoor and indoor. Outdoor hidden fences are buried underground and use radio waves to create an invisible boundary around your property. This type of fence is ideal if you have a large yard and want to keep your dog contained without compromising the aesthetics of your home. On the other hand, indoor hidden fences use sensors to create an invisible boundary inside your home. This type of fence is ideal if you have a small living space and want to keep your dog contained without sacrificing your own comfort. Both types of hidden pet fences have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the one that’s right for you and your dog.
Benefits of a Hidden Fence
A hidden fence provides several benefits for both pet owners and their furry friends. Perhaps most importantly, it helps to keep pets safe and minimize the risk of them getting lost or wandering into busy streets. It also provides a way to create a boundary without the need for unsightly fencing material. Additionally, hidden pet fences can be placed underground, meaning that they are less likely to be damaged by severe weather conditions. As a result, they are often a more durable and long-lasting option than traditional fences. Finally, hidden fences can be customized to fit the specific needs of any home or property, making them a versatile and convenient solution for pet containment.
How To Train a Dog on a Hidden Fence
When buying a hidden fence from DogWatch®, your dealer will work with you and your dog to provide some initial training tips. If you follow these training tips, then your dog should be effortlessly using the hidden fence within weeks. Here are a few of the hidden pet fence training tips and tricks that you should use.
- Set up flags to mark the boundary of the hidden fence so your dog can have a visual cue during training. After your dog is accustomed to the hidden fence, you can remove these flags from your yard.
- For the first 4-5 days of training, walk your dog on a leash several times a day near the flags. When approaching these areas, your dog’s collar will begin beeping or vibrating as a warning. When your dog’s collar activates, pull the dog away from the flags and use an avoidance phrase (“Watch Out” or “Careful”) that will remind your dog to stay inside the fence.
- After your dog is comfortable with the new fence, take off the leash and watch your dog during short breaks outside. If the dog approaches the flags during this step, then use the avoidance phrase to call them back.
- As your dog becomes comfortable exploring the property without a leash, you can start experimenting with longer breaks or unattended trips outside.
- During the training process, especially in the beginning steps, make sure to reward the dog for good behavior. Petting your dog or providing a treat will teach them that staying inside the fence is a good thing.
After following these steps, your dog should be able to use the hidden fence without any problems. If you have any questions about hidden fence dog training, then feel free to contact your local DogWatch® dealer for more information.
Buy a Hidden Fence from DogWatch®
At DogWatch®, we understand that your furry friend is a beloved member of the family. That’s why we offer hidden fences that provide a safe and effective way to keep them contained. Our fences are designed to be invisible, so your dog won’t be able to see them and try to dig under or jump over them. And, our superior technology ensures a safe and consistent radio signal, so you can rest assured that your dog will stay where they’re supposed to. Our hidden fences are also backed by a lifetime warranty, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected. Contact us today to learn more about our hidden dog fences and how they can keep your dog safe.